Comfort food perfect for fall! Tim Coonan, chef and owner of Big Shoulders Coffee shares his favorite fall recipe...Beef Short Ribs Braised in Coffee. Rosemary and coffee blend together with red wine to create a rich and hearty dish perfect for warming you up on a chilly fall evening. Pair with crusty bread, savory mushroom bread pudding and a dark porter beer for the ultimate comfort food experience.
Coffee Braised Beef Short Ribs
Yield 8 6oz pcs.
· Bone In Beef Short Ribs 5 LBS
· Olive Oil 4oz
· Big Shoulders Coffee Dry Rub 2 T
· Onions – diced 1/2 C
· Garlic, crushed 4 Cloves
· Carrots –diced 1/4 C
· Celery – diced 1/4 C
· Tomato Paste 1 T
· Red Wine 2 C
· Big Shoulders Coffee 2 C
· Fresh Sage 1 T
· Fresh thyme 1 T
· Bay Leaf 2 Ea
· Fresh Rosemary 1 Sprig
1. Season the short ribs with the coffee dry rub. Sear on all sides in sauté pan with olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside to ret. Pour off rendered fat.
2. In the same pan add remaining olive oil, then add garlic and onions. Now add carrots and celery and sauté. Finally add the tomato paste and cook until rust colored.
3. Add the wine and reduce to almost dry.
4. Add the short ribs to a roasting pan, add herbs produce. Add coffee.
5. Cover roasting pan with foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 3 hours . cook until tender.